Sunday, August 13, 2006

UGH and OUCH!!!!!

So, my ex was over yesterday, and I successfully managed to exercise in spite of that fact. And I hurt, again . Since He was downstairs to use the internet, I decided that I would exercise by walking instead of by DDR and my normal routine. I'm lucky enough to have a relatively flat block in front of me; lucky because I have chronic shin splints to go with all the other assorted aches and pains I’ve acquired and the doctors have told me previously that walking on any kind of incline will aggravate the shin splints worse than walking on flat surfaces does. So, I decide to walk until I can’t stand to walk anymore. I walk past the first pain of the splints, which happens when I’m less than a third of the way around the block. I walk past the side stitches, which are there to remind me that yes, I have been pushing myself rather hard the last couple of days. I walk past the hip attempting to leave its socket. And, after the 2nd time going away from my house, my body has decided that I’m not actually trying to kill it after all, and I can walk pain free again, which is a wondrous sensation by this point. So, I manage to walk until the cd I’m listening to is done, but I’m not ready to quit just yet, and I start it over again. At this point, about 45 minutes have gone past, and the shin splints have decided to re-appear, so I do my cool down walk, and call it a night. Tonight, I’m going back to the DDR, as it doesn’t cause these problems for me!

Pandy, I hope you're still exercising :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home