Friday, April 14, 2006

time to rest, so of course I'm sick

yep, no work again until Tuesday, so of course I'm sick *sigh* i think i've got this one mostly beat now, but this is def. my co-worker's fault. of course, since he went to the dr's, and they told him it was a virus, there's no point in my going to the dr's as well. Although I could prob get a bottle of "magic swizzle" like he did... Yes, that is it's name, I saw the bottle...

in other news, I'm taking part in the 10,000 steps per day challeneg through my office. By doing so, in Sept, I'll get a monetary reward. However, my main goal is to outwalk everyone in my office. Right now I'm in second place, but I think I can catch up over this weekend. As long as I can walk 4,000 extra steps beyond what my manager walks, I'll have done it :-) We have a small side bet in the office - nah, we aren't competitive or anything :P My manage did pay me a big compliment - she told me I had inspired her with how much I'm walking, and with the weight I've lost so far. I'm happy that I have lost weight, but it's not enough yet, and I can't seem to figure out what's not worker now that was working before. I'm hoping the mix of DDR and walking will help though. So far, I've walked an average of about 12,000 steps per day, which is about 6 miles per day. I want to get my average up to 14,000 steps per day, 7 miles. I am starting to see a difference in my body, so with any luck, I'm not losing weight because I'm gaining muscle, but I'd really prefer to be doing both toning and losing weight. OK, time to get in 800 more steps before 3 pm - which is my checkin time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home