Monday, March 06, 2006

In which I learn, again, that mornings SUCK!!!!

Why do mornings exist? Why can't I get a decent amount of sleep at least one day a week? Is 8 hours really too much to ask for? Even on my week off from Pitt, I still had to get up with less than 6 hours of sleep today to let in the folks replacing my downstairs door. sigh

And, by getting up this early, I've learned that when I'm low on sleep, and my head feels stuffed with cotton, it takes me 3 DDR sets to even get warmed up enough to not mess up simple songs that I thought I could do in my sleep. On the plus side, I did pass 2 6 foot songs on standard today, without anyone here to anchor me :-) I also learned that DDR pads are much less expensive now than they used to be! I just ordered 2 new pads, since all four of the ones I currently have are pretty worn out, and together they cost me $50.00, when the last time I bought them 2 pads, they cost me $150. I came very close to buying the metal pads, as I saw one for $200, but remembered in time that I'm trying to not overspend my budget. So, I will soon have two new pads to play on, which means many less missed arrows due to pad malfunctions as opposed to leg malfunctions :P

In other good news, I've been saved!!!! Yes, the organic chemistry test scheduled for yesterday has been moved to Friday, which, since I have spring break from Pitt, means I have all week to study and get prepared for this one *pant pant* So, someone loves me :-) Which of course means I'll be studying all week! However, you have to take some breaks when studying, and I don't want to drive myself insane by not doing so, so... break time!

In other good news, it's supposed to be beautifully, wondrously, warm at the end of the week. I heard in the 70's on Friday, so Pandy, Obrseamus, poss. Xonra, and I are planning a picnic at Linn Run. Water, warmth, and nature, what more could a girl ask for? Although I don't think I'll be brave enough to actually play in the water, since it is still at the OMFG COLD stage, but it'll still be nice to be able to play in it period!! Even swimming in the summer takes some bravery, since the water is always cold, and half the guys I've gone up there with never go in farther than their knees for some strange reason :P The other great thing about Linn Run is that I'll finally be able to fill up my water bottles again. Spring water that's free, and tastes wonderful, vs spring water that's expensive, and tastes like it's been in the plastic too long; gee that's a hard choice :-) Last time we went up, it wasn't a planned trip, so I didn't bring my bottles with me, so could only fill the drinking bottle in my car, which lasted all of about a day.

Other good news - this seems to be my week for it - is that my friend from WA should be able to come back as planned, prob for a four day trip. Unfortunately, 1 day is pretty much shot due to travel, but that's still time to visit and say hi, and hopefully make a trip to Gettysburg since we both love the place. Also, we have been talking about staying overnight in the Farnsworth house forever, so this will be a great time to be able to do so, and we both know the area well enough to have our fav spots to hit, so don't have to do the whole tourist thing and visit all of the monuments.

That's my news for today, since it's time to get cleaned up, study, and go to work.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home