Saturday, August 12, 2006

and there shall be pain....

So, yesterday Pandy came over, and we worked out together. It didn't feel like we had done that much at the time, but it turns out, at least according to my back, that in fact we did do a fair amount of exercise. All told, we did 3 sets of DDR, 2 of those on standard mode, my homemade workout routine - which is about 25 mins, a belly dance tape, and then walking for 1/2 hour or so. All told, I would have guess it told about 2-2.5 hours, and I felt fine after it, but today my back is twinjing everytime I move it. And what am I going to do today after work... More exercise . Although, since my ex is crashing at my place tonight - he has game tomorrow - I'm going to be doing walking instead of the other stuff, which may help. Alright, I'll prob. throwing in my routine as well if I can get him to not be around to see it.... I have a goal of losing at least 30 lbs by Christmas, which since that's 6 lbs a month, should be do-able. I have no idea how much weight I've lost so far, if any, since I have so far won the battle with myself, and avoided stepping on the scale :-) I'm afraid that if I step on the scale, and don't see at least some results, I'll get discouraged and stop, and I don't want that to happen, so.... To my eyes at least, my stomach is starting to get smaller, and I'm starting to get a waist again - I always did have some waist, but not the way it used to be. I found some old photos of myself yesterday as well - Pandy was nice enough to chase away the spiders that were guarding all of my stuff in the storage unit - and I'll trying to come up with a way to cut my ex-husband out of the photo so I can look at it for motivation :P I still don't have a scanner, but getting one is becoming more important to me, since I dug out all of the photos i had, and I'd love to be able to scan in the negatives and see what I've got, without needing to keep the photo's themselves, as they take up much room. I'm actually getting to the point of not needing prints - unreal as that feels to me.... I haven't gone completely over to the dark side yet though - I still love my 35 mm camara, and don't use the digital one that much :P Anyhow, back to the weight loss thing, I'm at a weight now that's much less than I weighed when my family went to Disney world a few years back. And if I'm able to lose those 30 lbs, I'll be at a weight smaller than I've weighed in the last 6 years. If I lose even 40 lbs, I'll have turned back the clock by 9 years :-) The other good news is that my doctor doesn't even what to talk about the possibility of giving me medications to help me lose weight, since I'm not a a level that the good would outweigh the bad. And I'm not at a level to be able to consider anything more drastic than that, like surgery . I'm not happy with where I am yet, but I feel better than I have in a long time, and I'm not going to let anything stop me at this point!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home