Wednesday, July 06, 2011

and my shins hate me...

So, I'm back up to walking 10,000 steps a day (about 5 miles), and I like reaching that goal. However, due to the time I had taken off from walking during the winter, I currently am going through the shin splint stage again . The good news is that since I'm doing most of my steps on my treadmill, I can slow down to let me shins relax a bit, rest them a few minutes, and then speed back up fairly quickly without needing to worry about uphill/downhill changes. The bad news is that the treadmill is at a slight angle, which aggravates my shin splints in the first place. If I recall correctly, it's going to take about another week to walk through them at my current rate of walking speed (3.2 mph) and then I can speed up a bit more. My goal is to get to 4 mph, though honestly I'll be happy with anything over 3.5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home