Wednesday, June 01, 2011

work...

Burn out: Being burned out means feeling empty, devoid of motivation, and beyond caring. People experiencing burnout often don’t see any hope of positive change in their situations. If excessive stress is like drowning in responsibilities, burnout is being all dried up.

Today I realized how close I am to burning out about my job. This understanding came about when I decided it was no longer worth it to me to try and argue with my supervisor about ways to improve our department. Very soon, our department will be seem like only one person to anyone that speaks with us. all of our responses will be the same, regardless of who someone speaks with, and there will be no individuality shown by anyone. When that occurs, my boss will wonder why no one takes any pride in their job; why no one comes up with anything new anymore; why every idea sounds exactly the same. she may even be happy when that happens, though I doubt our students will be if everyone sounds like the same person just with a different name.

And still, I no longer care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home