Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Rickets Glenn

So this past weekend, Hubby and I went to Rickets Glenn in the east-central part of the state to photograph the waterfalls, and I ended up being very proud of myself! The waterfalls trail is 3.5 miles (which is less than I've been walking), but it has a change in elevation of 400-500 ft, both ways. Hills are not my friends, at all. They set off my asthma and my shin splints, and they remind me that I'm not in the shape I used to be in, by any stretch of the imagination. (My nickname for myself while doing these types of hikes is typically "fatgirl", which helps keep me motivated.) But, I did it. I had to use my inhaler, and rest a few times, but I did the hike and survived it (at least until the next day when all of the aches hit me, reminding me that I'm also getting older.) So, I am very proud of myself still for getting myself back up one very long, very tall, hill! This change in elevation is after all equivalent to about 40-50 stories! Better still, today I'm able to walk normally again, no more pains in my knee, and the strain in my foot is healing :-) And, for my prize, I have photographs of about 20 waterfalls to go through :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home