Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And Wednesday shall Suck...

So, today was one of the worst-luck days I've had in a very long time. I spent the early morning looking for hubby's wedding ring, which he lost last night after I was already at the office, and which turned out to be a no-go. So, I crawled into bed after setting my alarm for really early since I needed to come into the office 3 hours early. I woke up disoriented some hours later wondering why it felt like I'd overslept, and immediately picked up my phone to check the time. My phone, which had 3 bars of battery life when I went to bed had died sometime while I slept so that I didn't even get the phone call at 11, and was waking up 1.5 hours later than I planned, and 45 mins after I had planned to be out the door. Hubby gets home just before I leave, and walks in telling me that it's about to start raining, but as he's dry, I'm not too worried. Of course, the sky's open up just as I walk out the door, and it's the type of rain that umbrellas do no good for, as it's coming from all directions. In the less than 2 mins it took me to get into the SUV, I was as drenched as if I'd stood; fully clothed, in a shower. Of course today is the day I chose to wear a white skirt too, to add to my joy of a soaking. So, I spent the entire drive in cooking myself with the heater, trying to dry my clothes enough to not flash my office. This worked decently well on my front half, not so much on my back. Of course, turns out today there's a hockey game in town, so my expected drive on 60 minutes turns into 90 mins, and I arrive to work an hour later than I had planned, still soaking wet to start my day.

The one piece of good news is that hubby found his ring, so I don't have to dig through the trash can tomorrow. Otherwise, I just want to go home and ignore that today ever happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home